Production Engineer to work for an exciting division of this global operation with a satellite office based in the UK. Producing complex electro-mechanical state-of-the-art instrumentation, the client require an experienced engineer who has come from a shop floor environment and therefore understands the tools.
With a background of practical experience the Production Engineer will be the go between for different departments and managers within the company. The Production Engineer must be able to stand on their own 2 feet as will be the sole Production Engineer within a small team of 7. While they report to the Head of Production they will expect them to come up with solutions to issues that arise. The Head of Production is not expecting to micromanage this person & will want them to get on with the job in front of them! As such, they much have come from a Production environment!
Responsibilities will include:
• Work as the interface between operators on the shop floor and mechanical design teams
• Work closely with suppliers
• Review designs and put forward suggestions to help improve the product
• Communicate at all levels in the business. From operators to designers to the site manager
• Up to 70% of the time will be on the factory floor – this is not a static desk role!
• Lead process improvements and to seek and implement new and best practice technologies
• Assist with design team in best pricing with length of manufacturing
• Materials knowledge used in best selection of assembly parts and products
• Write, build and test specifications for use by Production
• Reporting and documentation
• Quality and auditing trail of components and products
• Experienced Production / Process / Manufacturing Engineer / Tooling background
• Strong engineering background
• Educated to Degree level (min HNC / HND)
• Minimum 3yr in industry
• Sound communication skills, both written and verbal
• Hands-on, someone who can bring new ideas and implement
• Excellent time management
• Experience in mechanical assemblies / Tool fixing / Jigs and Fixtures etc.
• Superb attention to detail
• Understanding of 3D CAD
The client offer great benefits including pension, BUPA, life insurance and good working hours with Friday afternoons off.