Technical Sales Engineer
This Company is a worldwide, leading manufacturer of passenger information systems for the public transport industry. All design and development, and the majority of production, is carried out at our head office in Lewes, East Sussex.
We are proud to have a friendly open environment in our technical support department and are looking for talented professional individuals to join us at an exciting time of growth and technological & organisational change.
We are looking to recruit for the role of: Technical Sales Engineer
You will be working within a team to answer technical questions and issues arising from the day to day activities of the sales team. In addition to supporting the sales team in the process and submission of public tender bid offers. You will also be required to accompany sales staff at key customer meetings as and when required by the sales process.
You will initially report directly to the Technical Support manager and/or a designated intermediary, after an induction period within the Technical Support department, you will then report directly to the Sales Director. You are likely to work with Technical Support, R&D and Production staff as well as other members of the Sales team. Occasional customer site visits, including overseas and possible out of hours site visits, will be required.
• To build and maintain excellent relationships with the global sales and technical support staff
• To travel abroad as and when required by the sales team
• To build and maintain excellent relationships with customers
• To help maintain and further the company’s strong presence within the industry
• Build and promote strong, long lasting customer relationships by working with them and understanding their needs
• Liaising with other departments within the company as necessary
• Any other tasks as deemed necessary by your line manager or the Senior management team
Background and skills
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Electronics or related discipline
• Experience of electrical and electronic system design
• Experience of serial communication and Ethernet networking protocols and best practices
• Previous sales/commercial experience, ideally in international markets
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Holds a full clean UK driving license or equivalent
• Willing to travel globally as required
• Previous experience in public transport and/or manufacturing industries is highly desirable.
• Foreign language skills (particularly French, Spanish and/or German)
• Highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for sales.