Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager with good sales experience for rapidly growing engineering instrument specialist. Client has been founded nearly 3yrs and now require an experienced BDM with a sound grounding in engineering (physics, electronics, mechanical). With strong financial backing and a very experienced board the company have a robust growth and exit strategy. Aiming to give the successful applicant excellent financial rewards for their efforts.
The role would suit a business development manager who has experienced the blue chip and corporate world and looking for an opportunity to take on a more entrepreneurial role. Additionally, any experience in small start ups and fast growth businesses would also be highly advantageous.
The product is superior in comparison to its competitors but does require the BDM to have an ability to pick up technical jargon and knowledge. So a background in physics / chemistry / mechanical / electronics / process engineering or similar would be preferred. Coupled with good sales ability the BDM will deliver beyond just the “sell” and see out the full service to customers.
Job role includes:
• Spend time learning product and sell to engineers within target companies
• Develop existing and new client contacts within industry sector (USA, Canada, Europe and Middle East)
• Develop a strong network through meetings, attending seminars / conferences / trade shows etc
• Spend time networking over the phone and use of social network (LinkedIn) and other online groups that will help penetrate your market area
• Sell product into target market and follow through to implementation and after sales
• Sales cycle are from 6mths – 18mths, depending on complexity of delivery
• Keep up to date with documentation and contracts
• Where required help manage supply chain to ensure product is built and delivered on time
• Oversee and continually revise strategy of business development
• Report to board level, advise where necessary on strategy
• Expect to travel up to 40% of the time (fully expensed)
• Degree educated, preferably in physics, mathematics, engineering, chemistry or other science based subjects
• Minimum 5yrs commercial experience as a sales manager or business development manager in an engineering industry such as aerospace, automotive, medical, nuclear, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, healthcare, petrochemical
• Ability to see through full 360 sales cycle with delivery and implementation of product
• Excellent written and presentation skills.
• Superb report writing and ability to grasp tech specs
• Relay to relevant engineers in the sales chain
• Evidence of achievements in business development and sales
Further education such as MBA useful but not essential.
This would suit an energetic, bright and ambitious individual with superb communication skills. This is fantastic opportunity for an engineer with very strong sales and BDM skills to earn very good money over a 3 – 5yr period.