Electronics Engineer with a min 7yrs experience within an electronics manufacturing environment to join a growing and cash rich business in the development of exciting new products in precision instrumentation. Leading their field in cutting edge systems and using the latest electronics and controllers the design engineer will expect to work with the full development systems engineering life cycle.
The Electronics Engineer will work on exciting new products they will also be required to assist in decision making for product definition, design & development. Providing a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Engineer with the ambition and drive to not only make an impact in their next role but aspire to progress their career into a managerial position. The successful applicant must be comfortable with pushing forward their ideas & leading by example.
A background in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics, Physics or Computer Science / Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or similar is required.
The work will require a sound platform in electronic hardware with good understanding of software principles. The Electronics Engineer will be working with microcontrollers and digital products in a highly regulated sector. A list of some key areas of expertise may include much of the following:
• Microcontrollers (e.g. ARM, PIC)
• Microprocessors (Atmel etc.)
• Analogue and digital design
• RF / MW technology
• PCB layout & Schematics with associated 2D CAD packages
• Embedded C, Delphi, C++, Assembly or other low level language
• CS, Visual Basic
• Fault finding and Testing
• 2.ii degree or higher in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from a leading university. Applicants with Phd, MSc, D.Phil, MPhil would be advantageous
• Come from a manufacturing / production background
Responsibilities will include:
• Electronic design for prototype and refinement of existing products
• Working on next generation products – analysing shortcomings and work at solutions with in-house team
• Advisory to the business on the correct implementation of electrical and electronic hardware
• Help with new product development of specific components and products. So an R&D element to the job
• Electrical application and design for manufacture. Read and understand electrical CAD diagrams
• Implement the associated software
• Become the in-house expert on products
• Fault finding and Testing
• Degree from a leading university
• Minimum 7yrs commercial experience
• Written & communication skills of a high standard
• MS Office, word and excel in particular
• Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
• A passion for making sure quality and accuracy are implemented!
An understanding or direct experience with industry standards and regulations in the engineering arena would be highly advantageous.
£45,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
Benefits include healthcare, pension, bonus & 25 days holiday + bank holidays.