This role is intended to provide project based skills to ensure the delivery and management of new and innovative technology services. The successful applicant will be able to provide specific expertise covering the deployment and management of high performance Internet based products with quality and security. This is a cross-functional, senior role reporting to the Managing Director requiring close co-ordination and liaison with internal and external teams in the rapidly expanding and profitable on-line gambling market.
Position is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation and support of all Group companies’ IT infrastructure, software development, testing and technical support.
1. Management of all IT development processes, support, staging and live production environments.
2. Technical leadership for all projects – required to accurately plan and manage end-to-end delivery of projects to agreed time, quality and budget. Also expected to prioritise tasks, allocate resources, have good problem solving skills and produce regular and accurate progress reports and able to lead by example.
3. Pro-actively enhance team’s effectiveness.
4. Develop the team to provide full 24×7 support.
5. Ensuring relevant documentation, training and knowledge transfer.
6. Recruitment and development of IT staff
7. Negotiate cost effective, quality contracts with external IT suppliers.
8. Prepare and constant monitoring IT budget
1. The role is permanently based in London.
2. Overtime and extended hours maybe necessary during product launches.
3. Occasional international travel may be required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
1. A minimum of 5+ years in managing technology teams, ideally within web or media technology environments.
2. Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment. Proven ability to work with speed and accuracy to deadlines is essential.
3. Experience of the entire project/application lifecycle and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
4. A strong team leader and team player with excellent skills in interpreting the requirements from different groups across the organization and the ability to prioritise and juggle tasks simultaneously.
5. Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Used to working in a structured, accountable method taking clear ownership and responsibility for areas of work.
6. Able to motivate, lead and challenge a team of technology professionals.
7. Strong technical background knowledge of Internet technologies such as : ASP, .Net, Microsoft SQL, Cisco Routers and Firewalls, Unix/Linux, Windows 2000/2003 Server environment.
1. Delivery of projects to high quality, on time and on budget.
2. Ensure IT services are supported to agreed service levels, appropriately documented.
3. Develop an excellent relationship with Board and other internal management to ensure IT have appropriate plans and priorities.
4. Demonstrate management and technical leadership of IT department.
Working relationships and Team working
1. Reporting directly to the company’s Managing Director.
2. Managing the Information and Technology Department