Procurement and Purchasing Manager to help maintain existing and established new supply chain links.
The Procurement and Purchasing Manager will have a minimum 5yrs commercial experience within a manufacturing environment – preferably engineering. Joining a UK company that has been established for over 50yrs and with a strong order book they require an expert in procurement and purchasing.
The products designed are used in demanding applications and sold throughout the world. In particular, vehicles, so experience in this sector would be a distinct advantage. However, the successful applicant will ideally come from an engineering background (aerospace, automotive, oil and gas, semiconductor or similar) and have a sound understanding of manufacturing engineering.
• To support the Manager and supply chain team in procurement, buying and supply chain activities
• Work to action plans and timelines with guidance from the board
• Manage quotations, proposals & bidding
• Evaluate existing supply chains and improve where necessary
• Negotiate with suppliers
• Maintain a well-established UK Supply Chain
• Maintain an established Chinese supply chain
• Develop a new procurement and supply chain in India
• Develop Indian partners and supply base
• Team working with third parties for mutually beneficial improvements in quality, costs and delivery
• Develop commercial opportunities as they arise
• Assist, when required with internal audits in line with ISO 9001
• Oversee and manage a small team both in house and remotely
Skills and responsibilities:
• Solid engineering background, ideally in the manufacturing sector
• Degree in engineering, manufacturing or similar discipline
• Minimum 5yrs in procurement, purchasing and supply chain experience
• Evidence of past achievements in building a solid supply chain within manufacturing
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
• Awareness and experience of working in ISO9001 environment (understanding processes / procedures, document control)
• CIPS or similar qualification in supply chain or purchasing
Additional knowledge and experience of Indian supply chain market is an added bonus but not essential.
You will be expected to travel in Europe and Asia as required (up to around 30% of your time), travel fully expensed.
If you feel you fit the role then please send you details today