Production Engineer (resistance magnets)
Production engineer to join a growing manufacturing engineering firm providing state-of-the-art products to the medical, science and physics industries.
With a minimum 3yrs commercial experience in a manufacturing environment the Production Engineer will be joining a passionate team of engineers to provide solutions to successfully develop of complex electro-mechanical products. Helping out with continuous improvement (e.g LEAN, Kaizen or similar) and NPD.
Along with the existing team responsibilities include:
• Work closely with multidisciplinary teams across the business in production
• Develop new manufacturing techniques, propose new production engineering methods
• Take responsibility for key projects and manage the manufacturing development program
• Provide management reports of progress and times scales
• Work in collaboration with other mechanical and electrical design staff providing guidance and direction for needs of assigned projects
• Identify and collaborate with vendors providing materials and services
• Maintain a current knowledge base of best practice manufacturing techniques
• Analysis of test specifications
• Solve production problems relating to the build
• Direct manufacturing staff in the most effective method of assembly
• To compile manufacturing work instructions
• Identify Cost Reductions
Client are looking for a production engineer who can implement new and fresh ideas to help improve production line efficiency. In addition, to support continuous improvement via an official methodology such as LEAN six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanben or similar. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to implement.
• Min 3yrs commercial experience in a production engineering role in an industrial environment
• A professional Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Qualification, Degree at BEng / MEng level or similar preferred
• Sound engineering skills with mechanical, electronic and control system know how
• AutoCAD / 3D CAD experience
• MS Office (word, excel)
• working knowledge of Lean Manufacture, Kanban and 5S methodologies with experience of implementation desirable
• A basic understanding of Quality techniques such as FMEA, SPC a bonus
Benefits include 25 days, Pension, Healthcare, flexible working hours and fantastic team!