Production Manager for well-established UK owned manufacturing engineering firm. Producing quality products to a niche market this is a medium sized firm who now require an experienced Production Manager to oversee the department of Fabrication, Assembly and Warehousing.
In addition, the production manager, having worked in a similar size company of 100 employees will
Work closely with production planning/MRP, warehousing (stock take, stores etc.), quality and supply / procurement.
The production manager will have a background in producing electrical accessory (high volume) and experience with sheet metal, presses/tooling (CNC etc.).
The production management of the firm will lie with this new incumbent. And so they must demonstrate experience and have examples of how they have run day to day management of a successful manufacturing engineering firm.
The Production Manager Job function:
• Report to the Operations Director
• Working closely with the team of supervisors, shop floor production team, and manufacturing to help create smooth flow of production
• Work with other management, quality, supply and design engineering teams
• Manage efficiency and workflow of staff targets
• Adept at management and have demonstrable experience of getting the best from a team (measurements, KPI’s etc)
• Day to day running for plant
• Overseeing Fabrication, Assembly and warehousing
• Equipment maintenance
• Remove downtime issues
• Tooling and development / maintenance
• Some facilities management related to the production line
• Become the company authority on production manufacturing
• Minimum 6yrs commercial experience in a similar role
• Management experience
• High volume manufacturing production
• While part of some of the production is outsourced it is useful for the Production Manager to have experience / understanding of:
o Electro plating
o Painting / lacquering
• Electro-mechanical build
• CNC machines
• Understanding of Robotics, automation & optical controls
• Health and Safety certification
• ISO 9001
• LEAN / Six Sigma
• MS Office
This company offers a stable career opportunity in addition to good benefits.
The working environment is quite autonomous. so the Production Manager will need to be a self-starter and make the role their own.