The role is to project manage the design, procurement, manufacturing and test of the product. You will have a strong technical background bringing both your project management expertise and engineering skills together to develop cutting edge production technology. You will be expected to work within and lead a multi discipline integrated team with our mechanical, composite, control and electronics engineers. You must be able to provide strong direction working with the relevant internal stakeholders to specify the requirements and then deliver the system within tightly controlled budget and timescales.
You will be well versed in project management techniques and experienced in the procurement of technically demanding hardware. You will have a strong experience and commitment to quality management systems to control procurement activities with appropriate levels of risk.
You will need excellent communication skills to clearly justify your decisions, gain good support from across the company and our suppliers and ensure a well-motivated and cohesive team. Equally happy in small or large scale projects. Additionally, your ability to author high quality documents and constructively review those documents prepared by others should ensure documentation of the highest standard across projects. You will also be instrumental in further honing our current procedures and processes.
Your development skills will be used to rapidly expand our production technology into high output manufacturing lines.
• You are an Engineer that has progressed to Project Management with a strong technical background and capability.
• Project Management of the design, build and commissioning of bespoke state of the art production machinery and processes.
• Internal management of project teams/stakeholders and of external suppliers
• Tight control of budget and schedule in accordance with best project management practice
• Risk based approach to development of complex manufacturing systems
• Excellent ability to document your and the projects work
• Experience in large size, high precision, bespoke machinery
• Strong Engineering theoretical and practical background
• Creating and managing specifications, Bill of Materials, FMEA, risk assessment, actions lists.…
• Proven skills in effectively working in and leading teams of engineers and technicians
• Experience in managing external partners and manufacturers.
• A graduate with a honours degree in Engineering (or related subject) from a quality university
• Minimum 7 years experience in engineering and project management
• Self-motivated, able to manage your own and others time to deliver on schedule
• Open and communicative to be able to work effectively as part of a team
• Be an effective decision maker who can manage all project stakeholders
• Hands on approach with a good awareness of software, electronic systems and testing.
• Creative and able to produce effective results in a fast moving environment
• Looking for an exciting challenge in a rapidly expanding company