Senior Electronics design engineer
A Senior Electronics Engineer with the duties of designing products to meet quality standards and fulfilling customer requirements.
Generally working within a project team of Electronic and/or Mechanical engineers you will be involved in all areas of the development cycle:-
• Initial conception and evaluating different solutions.
• Selecting and testing relevant technologies.
• Schematic design.
• PCB circuit design and Layouts.
• Organizing Prototypes for evaluation (PCB & PCBAs).
• Writing of embedded software.
• Design verification and assurance.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will:
need to design products to suit and suppliers manufacturing processes and capabilities.
Work with other engineering team members during the design stage to ensure products are commercially viable.
need to follow all procedures and good engineering office working practices.
need to design products to meet predetermined specifications such as BOM cost targets as well as product performance targets.
Manage your projects and workload to ensure you keep track of progress against predetermined schedules and project milestones.
Review electronic parts and assemblies to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet design
need to work closely with other departments (or sub-departments) to ensure all aspects of the project are communicated effectively.
Assist in conducting general design reviews within the engineering department.
have to use good engineering communications skills, as conversing with engineers based at different sites is common place (UK, US, China). This would be via e-mail, conference call, video call, etc.
Also some design and building of in-house testing equipment for the production line. As well as providing swift hands on support of current and old production test equipment if production line issues occur.
• Senior Electronics Engineer designing Products.
• Management of project to timelines.
• Produce progress reports for all aspects of the projects.
• Design, Build and test of own prototype electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Fault finding to component level on analogue, digital and embedded microprocessors technologies.
• Minimum of 2yrs plus degree in Electronic Engineering. Preferably 2i or Higher.
• Proven track record and experience as a Senior Electronics Engineer.
• Excellent schematic design and PCB layout.
• Good knowledge and experience of both the hardware and software (assembly language or C) aspects of 8-16 bit microcontroller based design.
• Experience in the design & development of electro-mechanical assemblies, (analogue & digital).
• Experience in designing electronics from a blank canvas is a real advantage as is experience within an R&D environment.
• Excellent Design office knowledge and good working practices.
• Comprehensive understanding of Product design life cycle.
• Ability to work with other members and departments for the good of the project.
• The ability to manage your workload.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and outlook essential.
• Orcad Capture and Layout
• Knowledge of stepper motors
• LED control
• LCD integration and AD boards.
• PIC Microcontrollers